Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Travels to Chicago...

I started my epic cross country journey by staying Monday night in Butte , MT with my sister Michelle and her husband, Barrett.
Below: my fearless ride, the Stanza, parked in historic 'Uptown Butte', what a view.Montana was a good scenic drive, to pass the time, I took pictures of the mountains and talked to some folks on the phone, but once I crossed into North Dakota line, things declined rapidly...
Pretty mountains, IN Montana.

Where things started to decline.
The rocky mountains start to lose their steam and turn into much less interesting rolling hills. My bored face.
Until I came to the 'largest statue in North America'. North Dakota has to be known for something.
-Note the pickup at the base of the statue for a size reference. Most of the signs in the state of North Dakota have this blue sign attached. Be watchful of your fuel gauge or you could be in some serious trouble.

Eric made it safely to Chicago in a total of 25 hours of driving. It was rough but the Stanza performed like a champ, contrary to most people's belief that I would be stranded somewhere along the way...


2 comments:

Eric Ball said...

fun blog! This is Nancy writing this from you laptop.

Lori Jane said...

I think I am one that didn't believe your car would make the drive ;)