Monday, September 15, 2008

THE Summer

This summer I stayed very busy working with Mariani Landscape as as 'Eric the intern'.
A few highlights of my time spent in Chicago:

#1 was the people that I met and interacted with while there.

*Click on any photo to view full screen*

A group from Mariani at my 'Huasta Luego' party.
A group from church from the very anti climatic 'white water' (more like flat water) trip.
My fearless mentor: Keith Lemburg. The man with many talents, an impeccable eye for detail, and the patience to deal with the most interns in the company's history...
He needed that vacation after spending most of the summer with me.
Jill Burson and Gomez, the best behaved Cheiawa I have ever met. Go team Burson.
Can you say: AFRAID of a bee? Thank you for saving all of us Shari, from the bee and the fleeting Jacqueline: your talents are many.
My fellow interns: Andy McDowell & Sam Kibler.A very flattering picture of Andrew Rulewicz, Andy McDowell and Tatum Collins. Sorry boys, I don't have anything better...
Andrew hard at work, and he isn't even very dirty!Frank, Ed and Heather took the interns to a Cubs game, on a rather stormy evening.
#2 The many things learned at Mariani. Not all things that I learned are included here:

Where do plants come from?: The Mariani Nursery Tour, Garden Prairie facility. It was fun to see the facility...
But the bus ride left something to be desired. I wonder if there will be as many attendees next time?The ILCA Summer Field Days @ Ball Horticulture's Headquarters:
New plants and their combinations: very cool.

#3 Much knowledge gained from the Mariani team on my one excursions with them.

A special thanks to: Marni Wilson, Ed Furner, Nick Voykin, Shari Precht, Larry Weil, Jay Stephenson, Andrea Ricter, Jill Burson and Todd Vena.

This list of people endured a time (some longer than others) in taking me around and showing me what they do, answering far too many questions about trivial things as well as parting of much knowledge to this small town Idaho boy. Much appreciation to all of you.

#4 Cathy's Though for the day. Very inspirational, Thanks Cathy.

#5 Nick's e-mails. Nick, you have an amazing way of writing. Whenever I read your messages, I could see your face, feel your enthusiasm and even when I didn't know who any of the people who made your 'We are better off because these people don't work at Mariani Landscape anymore' list, I understood, it was funny and motivated me to look on the bright side too.

#6 Last but not least, and sorry I don't have but one picture of yall: the BG 3rd branch of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. You know who you are. Thanks for your patience and perseverance in dealing with me. Keep up the good work. Watch out, I might be back next year.

There it is. Not a comprehensive list, but a few of the highlights.

Thanks again to everyone in the big city of Chicago. Take care and God Bless.

No comments: