Sunday, November 23, 2008

London


Big Ben
Ok. This is my last post of my Europe trip, I am really tired of doing it! So I hope that someone has enjoyed looking at all these foto's, it takes forever to upload them!
The London Bridge, just across from the tower of London.
The tower of London, where lots of Kings and Queens lived. Where the crown jewels display is.
The fuzzy hat guy at the Tower of London. I don't think that I could do that job. He just stands there all day!
The best waffle that I have ever tasted. This one was glazed, warm topped with ice cream! Loved it. I think that I will try it sometime.
All of the cabs in London look like they are from the 50's. I don't know why.
An ad in the Tube (subway) for a gym. I thought that it was interesting to see the difference in English English and American English.
The changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace. It was almost an hour and a half long! Most of the group was sitting on the ground behind a huge group of Asians talking we were so tired of it! It turned into more of a band concert...Weird.
The Bunhill Fields Cemetery. A little different I know. When Protestantism was just getting started it was an interesting problem for people to decide where to get buried. For ex-Catholics, they wanted to be in a Catholic cemetery because, according to the Catholic beliefs, you would not go to heaven unless you were interred at in consecreated soil...

This was one of the first Un-Catholic cemeteries in England. The above tomb of Isaac Watts is significant because he was a profuse hymn writer. He is responsible for a large number of the hymns that are in the current LDS hymnbook. We sang a few here. It was pretty sweet.

...A long explanation, sorry!





No comments: