Sunday, November 16, 2008

Paris

PARIS! "The city of Love" and the shimmering Eifel Tower.
A video of the tower in its shimmering glory.

Jessica, Eric and Angie in front of the tower. The blue with 12 stars represents the European Union of countries (the Euro).
The shimmering up close and personal.
The elevator on the way to the top of the tower. It was a bit tight!
The view from the top of the tower.
The Arc de Triumph. Around which a 12 lane roundabout circles...talk about confusion.The Allee of trees that double lined the street that the Arc is on. I thought that it was pretty cool. The other students didn't though.
The Louve: the winged lady. (I forgot her real name)
A rather small and unimpressive painting. Somehow she got her own wall and two security guards all to herself though.
A real French crepe: Nutella, bananna and coconut. It was rather tasty.The Notre Dame Cathedral: I didn't like it. Gothic architecture is WAY too busy for me. And even with all the flying butresses that supposedly allowed more windows, it was still just about as dark as night in there. The crazy bird guy sitting outside.
My bed in Paris was the red matress on the floor, also in the foto are 1/2 of Ryans face and body and Caleb. I guess that rent is high in Paris, we were on a budget...

2 comments:

iAMbarticus said...

please tell me you enjoyed that soccer game as much as you enjoy basketball...

Nancy said...

The self-portrait you took on the Eiffel Tower is your best ever!

I had a similar experience with Mona Lisa; I was more impressed with the massive number of Japanese tourists snapping photos of it than the actual piece itself.

I also appreciate that you keep taking pictures of the food you ate--but I probably didn't need to say that. :)